Hair extensions care is very important in order for you to maintain your hair extensions and hair systems. You must be willing and able to care for your extensions, otherwise you should not get hair extensions. It is kind of like buying a car. After you buy a car, you need to keep it cleaned and serviced. If you are unwilling to do the care, you will have car problems. The same holds true for all hair extensions and hair loss systems, you must do some basic care in order for you to have a positive hair extensions experience.
We at Hair Center International give you verbal care instructions, written care instructions, and have web based care instructions. Everyone should fully understand the care instructions given to them. If you do not, please call the salon with any issues and problems.
Rules for all Extensions and Hair Loss Systems.
1) Always keep your hair clean. Oily hair and greasy hair is the top problem I see people have things happen to there hair extensions and hair systems. Your hair must be kept clean. If it is not, extensions can slip off, hair loss systems can loosen, and you will have problems.
2) Use the right products. Use salon grade shampoos and conditioners. Do not use supermarket brands like Pantene. This can destroy attachment mechanisms in all extension and hair loss systems.
3) Use the right brush. The wrong brush can pull your hair too hard. Do not brush the attachment mechanisms. Don't brush too hard. Make sure you brush your hair on a regular basis, at least 3 times a day.
4) You have 100,000 hairs on your head on average. 50,000 are in the growing phase, 25,000 are in the dormant stage, and 25,000 are in the falling out stage. You lose 100-150 hairs on your head normally on a daily basis. If any hair system attachments and hair extensions are attached to the falling out phase hairs, the pieces will fall out or loosen. You can expect to see a small quantity of naturally released hairs trapped in the attachments after some time. This is all normal. If anything falls out, you save them and you bring them back to our salon, and we put them back for FREE. It is a part of our service. If a hair systems loosens in between maintenance, do a wash and blow and we tighten the system for Free.
5) Do not put conditioner near the attachment mechanisms. This will cause systems to slip, slide of. Conditioner needs to be put away from your attachments.
6) Do not Shampoo for 2 days. Everything is still fresh. Do not wash your hair for 2 days.
7) No ponytails with wet hair. No pony tails for the first 2 days of application.
8) Keep curling irons, flat irons away from the attachment mechanisms of your hair.
9) Activities taking place in damp environments such as steam baths, saunas, may lessen the longevity of your hair system. Seawater and pools also fall in this category. Precautions should be taken to avoid these conditions being repeated.
We recommend all clients visit us after two weeks for a wash and blow where we check on your extensions and systems. People out of country should visit a local hair salon for a regular wash and blow.
All systems have advantages and disadvantages based on system size, if the system is re-usable etc. A re-usable system tends to loosen or slide out easier than a bonded based system. A tape system is bulkier but holds better. A micro link system is reusable but slides easier. A bonded system doesn't fall as much but is not re-usable. All systems have advantages and disadvantages over others. It is what makes for diversity.
If you come to our salon on a regular basis you will not have any issues. Because if you do, we fix them. It is a part of the service. If you want extensions or hair systems and do not want to follow the care instructions then extensions and hair systems are not the right thing for you! It is the people who visit one time and don't want to return for care that may have issues.
There is a cost associated with extensions and systems. It can be travel, gas, maintenance, etc. If you cannot afford to maintain your extensions or hair loss system, then please do not get them.
Instructions are given to all clients verbally. Written instructions are given for extensions, and client's sign that they have received care instructions. This page is dedicated to care instructions. We offer more instructions for caring for your hair than any other salon. If you are still confused, always feel free to call and ask.
If you take care of your hair, you will have a very enjoyable experience.